Hey there, internet! Life has been crazy in the last year, so blogging fell to the bottom of my list of priorities. It’s a shame. I love writing, and I’ve missed it terribly. Fortunately, I woke up an hour before my alarm today. Yay, sleep deprivation!
To catch you up, here’s a list of big things that have happened in the last year:
- I ended a very important relationship
- I got sexually harassed by my flatmate and moved out while he was away at work
- I began a new relationship
- I bashed heads with my boss at one language school and ended up quitting
- I renewed my visa to stay in Germany
- I asked my boss at my other school for a raise (and got it!)
- I decided to go back to school
- I started drawing again, which I haven’t done since I was a teenager
- My family came to visit me for the first time
This past year has had a lot of extremes. There are days where I feel like “fuck this place and everyone in it, I wanna go home.” There are days where I think about where I came from and just feel lucky to be here at all. I constantly have to remind myself that this is actually my life now.
Fortunately, there have been more good days than bad days. When I think about how overwhelmed I felt in the last year, I’m shocked at all the normal, everyday things that were mixed into that same span of time. I’m shocked at all the good experiences I was able to have even when I felt like the world was ending.
To quote one of my all-time favorite authors, “Life finds a way.”
Here’s a doodle I made:
Anyway, that’s all for now. Toodles!